Solved

Report Layout load the new company logo in the header but doesn't show the footer image

• 2 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

This is in Apps08 and the user has updated company logo in the header and has added a new image for footer as well. When he order the report,  he can see the new company logo but not the footer.

Is this because that image is taking too much space?
Can I have some ideas to check this issue?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by dsj 3 November 2021, 08:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @MitDenukN,

Have you followed the guide on adding external images? Below link is for Apps10 but it should be the same for Apps8 as well.

Working with Images (ifs.com)

Regards,

Damith

Badge +14

Hi @dsj , Thank you very much for the shared information.

The user was able to make it work.

He has done 2 changes;

1. change the image from JPEG to PNG
  2. rename the image from NOV_CPS_FGS_Logo 002 to a name without spaces and numbers.

As report designer compatible with  gif, jpeg, or png , I think first change might not impact for this.

We didn’t notice this strange name earlier and think this could be the reason for the issue.
Is there any recommended naming convention that can be used with images?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @MitDenukN 

If you check the j2ee logs you may find more details about what caused the error with loading image. When adding non-logotype images, there are not many rules. Only thing to keep in mind is to add the image in report_designer_graphics\<module_name>\<reprot_id>\ location for runtime support in Apps8.

Cheers!
Damith

Badge +14

Hi @dsj, I think j2ee logs can be find in the application server. If not could you please let me know the location as well?
Thank you again :blush: