Solved

Report Errors in Print Manager but no Error Message

• 28 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello.

When printing a specific IFS Report Designer report from Apps9 UPD16, an Error status is raised, but the message field in the Print Manger is empty.

Any idea how I could find the underlining error information?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 28 October 2021, 18:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Check the PRINT_JOB_TAB for the particular result key and the message column.

You can also check the server logs for more details.

Also, try highlighting the Print Manager row or the message field and copy and paste the value. Sometimes if there are any line breaks the message is not shown in one line.

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +3

Hi Chanaka.

I was able to determine the cause of the error by looking at the Report Formatter log located on our Application Server.  The error was caused by an issue with a Report Rule.

Thanks,

Brent

Badge +3

Hi Chanaka.

It appears the Report Rule wasn’t the only problem with the report printing.  When I disable the Report Rule, I still receive an error when trying to print the report.  No details about the error was displayed in the Message field on the Print Manager window.  Same issue as before.  I reviewed the “j2ee” logs on the application server and searched for references to the print job.  I found numerous references to the print job, but no details about the error.  I have attached the logs to this reply in the hope maybe you could help determine what the issue is?

The report is “Shop Order Pick List” which has been modified in the RDF to also print the associated labels when the report is printed.

Print Job = 6684757, User = J.CORBETT, Data Report Printed = 10/28/2021 5:24 PM

Hope you can help,

Thanks,

Brent

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Brent,

I think this needs further investigation by looking in to the environment. Suggest that you use the support channel to enter support request so that they can investigate in to this.

Regards,

Chanaka