Question

Report Designer - Online preview IFS Application Server not working

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Hero (Partner)
  • 17 replies

Hello,

I'm running into an issue when previewing a layout in Report Designer. I'm using version 200.2.0000 of report designer, but also tried a few older versions. When I connect to our customer IFS Cloud environment and develop or load an existing layout I cannot use the online preview functionality from the server. It says the PDF is rendering but then nothing happens. When I preview the layout using a local stored .XML file it is working just fine.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause this issue?

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @mmol,

Could you please mention the IFS Cloud version? It seems like that this issue is fixed in 21R2 SU7.

Thank you .

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Dinari Nanayakkara,

The version this issue is occurring in is version 21.2.0

Kind regards,

Michael

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @mmol,

Since customer is in a earlier version please update it to SU7. The issue would be fixed.. 

Thank you 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Dinari Nanayakkara,

I'm wondering if that would work, as I've also tested it against a cloud demo environment which has the newer version 22.1.0 and that is also not working. Still when I want to preview the report it just says it's rendering, but then opens nothing…

Kind regards,

Michael

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @mmol,

If you still get the issue in 22R2 please report a support case.

Thank you  

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

If anyone wondering same issue is there in 21R2SU7 as well. So upgrading doesn’t seems to fix the issue.

Getting below message in Report designer but nothing happens after that

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

A new version of the RD tool was released. Please try with version 200.2.0001 and check if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara ,

The latest version you are referring to is from may 9th. I already installed that and it's still not working. In 21.2.0 SU7 it was working for a while. So it's strange that now in 22R1 it's not working anymore. 

Kind regards,

Michael

Badge +2

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara 
I have the exact same issue when using:

ReportDesigner 200.2.0001

and 

IFS Aurena framework version: 22.1.3.20220602062839.0

IFS Aurena client version: 22.1.3.20220602062839.0

IFS OData provider version: 22.1.3.20220602040054.0

My UserID has almost all privileges to everything

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Can you try increasing the value specified in seconds for the system parameter 

“Report preview timeout before the preview operation runs in background (seconds)”. 

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +2

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara,

Thank you for the answer, I changed the parameter value “Report preview timeout before the preview operation runs in background (seconds)” from 30 to 90 and tried again.
Unfortunately it did not help and the situation is the same. 
The ‘rendering pdf’ just shows up for a few seconds and then disappears, no PDF is shown.

BR,

/Tom

Badge

Hi, I’m 7 months late but I just came across this problem less than 5 minutes ago. To troubleshoot I looked in the IFS application and found that there was an error each time I asked IFS to print the PDF. Tho, that didn’t help at all, i just found that the reason it wasn’t printing was me using this in one of my tables:

table properties

I had it active and it completely made a mess.

Like this maybe other features are hidden at plain sight as bugs so be careful each time you click one of these “mistery” checkbox. Instead of helping, they made me waste my time troubleshooting.

Hope this helps anyone out there! 😅

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @mmol,

From the IFS Report Designer version 200.2.0002, the online preview without deploying into the database option is working.

Badge +5

Hi, 

Noticed this happening in 23R1 too. If you happen to experience this issue (i.e. Rendering pdf disappearing without pdf generated), try and see if you could generate the pdf with a local .xml file. If you can, then the likely cause is one of the recent changes on the .rdl layout creating issues when generating the pdf output. Try undoing the changes one by one, and attempt to preview the pdf - if it succeeds at one point, possibly the culprit is the change that was undone shortly before. It is a pretty ridementary method - but often works for tools such as RD. Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

From experience, 9 out of 10 times, this is due to an invalid function or reference to a field that was created manually with the fx button.  If it was working and you just added something with the fx button, that’s a really good place to start looking for the issue.