Question

Report Designer not reporting errors

• 7 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi,

There are differences when developing and previewing a report using Report Designer and executing with IFS Cloud.

Errors like below are difficults to solve 

Error Occured while rendering the (plugin) report. Error: GENREPORTIO:Could not generate report: 'TRANS_SAX_ERROR:Failed transforming report data: 'TRANS_CONF_ERROR:Failed transforming report data : 'Cannot convert data-type 'void' to 'real'.'''
ifs.fnd.base.SystemException: GENREPORTIO:Could not generate report: 'TRANS_SAX_ERROR:Failed transforming report data: 'TRANS_CONF_ERROR:Failed transforming report data : 'Cannot convert data-type 'void' to 'real'.'''

or

Error Occured while rendering the (plugin) report. Error: GENREPORTIO:Could not generate report: 'TRANS_SAX_ERROR:Failed transforming report data: 'TRANS_CONF_ERROR:Failed transforming report data : 'line 1373: Required attribute 'select' is missing.'''
ifs.fnd.base.SystemException: GENREPORTIO:Could not generate report: 'TRANS_SAX_ERROR:Failed transforming report data: 'TRANS_CONF_ERROR:Failed transforming report data : 'line 1373: Required attribute 'select' is missing.''

Is it possible to have the same logic or add more controls in Report Designer preview mode ?

Best regards

Gregory

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@GregoryB I guess most of these errors are visible only in IFS Cloud (Report Archive / Print Manager) because they are generated at the time of xml creation. So I assume the %RPI package hits an error before inserting the data in the %RPT table.

Whereas when you do a preview from Report Designer, you’re using an already generated xml and the system just validates if the sintax of the layout file is correct.

When I was getting these errors in IFS Cloud, it was mostly due to some Custom Attributes which were failing sometimes (depending on the data constellation). So, checking the Custom Attributes in that specific LU would be required.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

In my cases the error come from the layout only.

The report designer preview is more permissive than the IFS generator.