Solved

Report Designer Instant Invoice layout error

• 24 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi there, I wonder if anyone is able to help with this issue:

This is for IFS 10 - Update 6

We’ve created a “from scratch” layout for the Instant Invoice.  It renders fine using IFS Report Designer, so I’ve uploaded it to our TEST environment.  When attempting to Preview from the Print Dialog, the following error comes up:

GENREPORTIO:Could not generate report: ‘TRANS_CONF_ERROR:Failed transforming report data : “line 244: Required attribute ‘test’ is missing.”

The original layout still prints out without issue, leading me to believe something needs to be added the the “from scratch” layout file to get it to work properly.  Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by MWitczak 24 July 2020, 21:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi

Are there any custom fields defined that might be affecting it?

When using Report Designer to design/preview, are you connecting to the database or working offline, i.e. with the exported .xsd file?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi

Are there any custom fields defined that might be affecting it?

When using Report Designer to design/preview, are you connecting to the database or working offline, i.e. with the exported .xsd file?

I’m working with the exported .xsd file.  I added two fields (PROJECT_ID, PROJECT_MANAGER) that weren’t already part of the report to the report definition and made the corresponding change to the .xsd schema.  The new fields output correctly to the .xml file.  Would previewing while connected to the database help resolve this?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It turns out I had issues with the visible conditions of table elements which I was able to solve by making my subtotal lines their own table.  Thanks for looking into it though, Paul!