Solved

Remove Deployment of BPA Workflow

• 19 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

So I have a tiny flow. It has been deployed once. I'm trying to get the workflow removed totally. However when trying the Delete option on the workflow:

It fails as there is an active version_1.

I don't see an option to de-activate this version_1 and hence release the complete set of version and deletion of the workflow (eventSalesContractError2 in this case) to be removed totally.

There is no projection, nor an event connected to it.

What am I missing that I can't remove/delete the workflow?

icon

Best answer by Technical Outlaws 19 April 2023, 15:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

FYI, I believe in 22R2 there is an “Undeploy” command that will basically allow you to ultimately remove the entire workflow.

Not helpful for you now in 22R1, I know, not sure if there is a back office workaround either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks for the quick answer. There is still so much to learn about this niche of IFS. I wish that the documentation would be in better shape or the academy would be up to level to gain the knowledge quicker.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It is a limitation in 22R1 where we cannot delete a Workflow if a active version exists

In 22R2 onward,  It has been introduced  “UpDeploy” feature to Workflow  (https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/040_tailoring/500_business_process_automation/040_workflow_tooling/#un-deploy_a_workflow).  By using it, we can up-deploy the active version first and then we can delete the Workflow.