Question

Receiving RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED when trying to create a marketing campaign

• 22 October 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Dear Community!

The customer is using IFS10 and we are receiving an error for some users when trying to generate Mailings for a marketing campaign.

This functionality will open up Word to create a serial letter based on data from IFS.

Unfortunately, this is not working on customer side.
I have verified in DEV and from TEST as there is no direct access to the PROD environment. 
The web had been searched and we tried
 Resetting the user Profile
    Seemed to work, but only on first try. After IFS Client restart, it is displaying the same error again

Checking on the office software
   licenses are valid and there seem to be no issue with the software

I have asked the customer, if this is happening, when opening word from other sections, e.g. document revisions. But I have not received feedback from them by now. Will post this afterwards.

Anybody experienced this issue and got an idea how to solve this? Not sure if this is a programming error, a firewall or third party software issue or something else.

Thanks for your support!

Kind regards,
Tobias

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Badge +15

Hi @Technical Toby .

Can you attack a copy of the error stack?

Regards

Manoj

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Manoj Ruwanhewa 

I will try to get it from the customer as it does not occur when using the functionality from our side.

Will get back to you.

Regards,
Tobias

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

It is said, that this error does not occur every time. So there might be an issue outside of IFS, but I am not sure about this.

The customer does not have a cluster or a load balancer. Not sure if there is a proxy somewhere installed.

If the customer admin is logging into the users PC, it seems to work without issues. Which would again point towards IFS as an issue.

From what I have found in the web, it seems there might be some delay necessary to call the functionality which tries to open word. Most of the times, this had worked out.

On last friday, one of the three users could use the functionality without issues.

Very strange thing.

Badge +15

Hi @Technical Toby , If the error text is in English we could give more support. 

That is why I have requested stack trace.

Regards

Manoj

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Dear @Manoj Ruwanhewa 

the default error text says (based on web research)

Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))

Badge +15

Hi @Technical Toby ,

I have found a similar support case in our advance search 

G2128691-However, customer has solved the issue by themselves

Regards

Manoj

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Manoj Ruwanhewa 

Here is the error stack

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Explorer: Es ist eine nicht behandelte Ausnahme aufgetreten ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Aufruf wurde durch Aufgerufenen abgelehnt. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))

bei Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word._Document.get_Tables()

bei Ifs.Application.Rmcom.DynamicMenu.MailMergeManager.CreateDataFile(Control owner, String dataFileName, Boolean onlySelectedRows, Int32 maxRows)

bei Ifs.Application.Rmcom.DynamicMenu.dynMailMergeMenu.cmdExecuteMailMerge_Execute(Object sender, FndCommandExecuteEventArgs e)

bei Ifs.Fnd.Windows.Forms.FndCommand.OnExecute(Component component)

bei Ifs.Fnd.Windows.Forms.FndContextMenuStrip.ExecuteCommand(ToolStripMenuItem menuItem, EventArgs e)

bei Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.FndContextMenuStripInternal.ExecuteCommand(ToolStripMenuItem menuItem, EventArgs e)

bei Ifs.Fnd.Windows.Forms.FndToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

Badge +15

Hi @Technical Toby ,

If this error does not occur every time, clearing local temp folder and restart the computer, in appdata folder will solve this behaviour.

Regards

Manoj

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Manoj Ruwanhewa 

I have forwarded the customer all necessary information.

In addition, I have created Case G2295495

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

As customer is using local runtime as well, it might not be related to this cache, but I will tell you the outcome

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Manoj Ruwanhewa 

this had not worked. Customer told me, error is still popping up.

I guess I need to wait for support.

Kind regards

Tobias

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Supportcase has now been closed due to missing feedback from customer

Badge +15

Hi @Technical Toby , yes , we had a screen sharing session with customer to recreate this matter. But they were unable to do that few weeks ago.