Question

Projection for Custom LU created by IFS

• 30 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We have what may or may not be a unique situation. As part of our upgrade from Apps8 to Apps10, we had a custom LU created as part of a MOD. Now that we are starting the transition to Aurena, we have found that there is no Projection for this screen and the checkbox there for Custom LU’s to create the Projection is also missing. 

I put in a service ticket asking about whether it should already be there since they created the screen or if we have a bug where the check box to create the projection is missing. I was told to put in a Consultancy ticket(which is a chargeable service). I figured I’d ask here before I entered a ticket where I can be charged to ask a question. 

Here’s the Custom LU screen with the check box missing.

We are on Apps10 UPD16

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@SaraCrank

Go to the Custom Logical Unit screen, not the Custom Fields screen and see if the Create Projection box is there.

Solution Manager>User Interface>Custom Objects>Custom Logical Unit.

If it’s also not there, right click on the page and navigate to Properties/Layout and see if the Create Projection box is ticked.  If it’s there but not ticked, check the Use customized screen layout box at the top left and then tick the Create Projection box.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@SaraCrank

Go to the Custom Logical Unit screen, not the Custom Fields screen and see if the Create Projection box is there.

Solution Manager>User Interface>Custom Objects>Custom Logical Unit.

If it’s also not there, right click on the page and navigate to Properties/Layout and see if the Create Projection box is ticked.  If it’s there but not ticked, check the Use customized screen layout box at the top left and then tick the Create Projection box.

Hi Tracy,

No luck - This LU is not in the Custom Logical Unit screen because it is an LU that is part of a MOD from IFS. However, I found it in the Logical Unit screen but there is no checkbox on the screen to ‘Create Projection’ and the checkbox is not in the Properties/Layout window.

Thanks,

Jamie M.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@SaraCrank  @jamie.malangyaon 

If you want, you can manually create it by going into Aurena and doing the “New Projection Configuration”.

Here is the path for it if unsure of where to go:

Give it a name, not the same name as the LU.  I usually follow IFS Projection standards and put Handling after the LU name.  Add the Entity, which can be looked up by the LU Name and if you don’t have any other associations or actions you can skip through the next sections and click finish.

Should they fix the issue you should be okay as long as you don’t put “CustomProjection” before your LU name.  That is what IFS does when that projection box is checked and it builds its own.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@hansend - Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn’t help me use/view the data that’s in the existing screen in IEE. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@SaraCrank 

Understood.  If you do need a solution sooner rather than later you can visit this help and it will guide you on how to create a page which will display the data for you.

https://ifs.chiefind.com/ifsdoc/f1doc/foundation1/045_administration_aurena/220_Configuration/325_create_modify_aurena_pages_itd/100_generation_of_custom_pages/default.htm