Solved

Print job Event send PDF

• 22 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Everybody

We use IFS Cloud 21.2.10 and we have a problem to send PDF file on print job event (for quotation order or purchase order).

I am not available to add PDF_FILE parameter because I have only one option : 

On documentation, there are 3 options : 

Do you have an idea about this issue ?

Regards, Christophe

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 23 August 2022, 06:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Thank you for pointing this out. I think this is a mistake in the documentation. We will correct this.

There is only 1 option “Create New”. Select that, then enter &PDF_FILE in the text field and click “OK”.

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara ,

I configured like your message. I receive an email with informations but without PDF FILE.

Regards,

Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Christophe,

Ok I checked this in 21.1.11 and I got the same issue.  Got the email without the PDF attached. I think this is related to an bug in IFS Connect. From Print Manager check the print job status for the PO that was created to send the email through the event.

Check if the print job is in ERROR state with the following error message.

ORA-20105: FndEventAction.EVENT_ACTION_ERROR: The Event Action "E-Mail" on "PDF_REPORT_CREATED" has failed. Please contact your System Administrator to manage the Event Actions. ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: invalid LOB locator specified: ORA-22275.

If so, then this is a bug and should be fixed by the Server/Connect team. Ask support to create a support issue and dispatch it to he Server/Connect team. 

I suggest that you use Report Rules instead of the event actions. Report Rules are more robust and easy to configure and has more features than an event action.

You can trigger to email a report upon a data value in the XML data, or you can run a SQL query and trigger the mail. You can have your custom email body, subject and attachment name etc. Hopefully all the values you pass through the event parameters can be fetched from the XML data or through a SQL query.

Report Rules - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara , like you suggest, I configured a report rule and it works fine.

Thanks for your help. Regards Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Christophe,

Glad to here that you got it to work. It’s better that you use Report Rules in future for emailing a report when a Print Job is triggered as event based action is old technology and only there for backward compatibility.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

we have done the same. configured custom event action to send email with pdf.(22R2 SU6)

But having an Issue. It created two application messages and send two emails. One from event and other from application. 

How can we stop the email send from ifs application as its not with proper email text/subject and also duplicate email is not expected.