Question

Primavera P76 Integration to IFS Cloud (or Apps10)

• 2 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I am a Business Architect with IFS Switzerland.

We are in contact with a ‘Energy from Waste’ industry (Hitachi Zosen) a mainly Engineering Company. They are required to use Primavera from their customers or suppliers for engineering plans under that format.

I am looking to a semi-High level document describing what can be shared between IFS Cloud and Primavera P6

Would anybody have what can be exchanged in/out in terms of objects: Work breakdowns structure (WBS), plans, etc.?

Thanks.

Dominique

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @DomiBlanc ,

In the below document link you can find what are the information synchronized between IFS and Primavera.,

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/ProviderforPrimaveraGateway/AboutSharingProjectDatausingPrimaveraGateway.htm?StandAlone=true

Badge +1

On the same topic, I often get questions about the ‘IFS Provider’ and P6 Cloud services, which is a part of the integration between IFS and Primavera using ORACLE Primavera Gateway (introduced in App10 and are the only prepacked integration for IFS Cloud). 

Here are the status as per today for this topic:

‘IFS Provider’ is a component deployed in primavera gateway. It takes care of communication between IFS & Gateway. The communication between Gateway & Primavera P6 is taken care by ‘P6 provider’ and the communication between Primavera Cloud & gateway is taken care by ‘Primavera Cloud provider’ component that comes with Primavera Gateway (out of the box developed by ORACLE not IFS).

Apart from the java code, ‘IFS Provider’ includes predefined meta data, data mappings, business flows, synchronizations XML files that configures integration between IFS and P6 EPPM in the gateway (using P6 provider) and not with the Primavera Cloud. This was not a scenario included in the first version we released.

But, IFS Provider can be modified to work with Primavera Cloud. I cannot say right now how much time it will consume as this is an unexplored area for us (our priority was to get IFS to P6 EPPM connection).

When someone test to tweek it to connect to Primavera Cloud, I’m looking forward to hear from you.

/Thomas Wiberg

VP Product Development, Projects