Solved

Pointing Middleware Server to another Database

• 21 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thank you for looking.

If possible what would be the best way to do this.

Kind Regards

John

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 21 April 2020, 15:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

Re configuring the application server instance pointing to the new database would be the way to go. As long as you know the passwords for the internal system users in the back end database you should be good to go. You can of course reset them from the database and use the new passwords in the installer if you are not sure about the passwords. Making sure that the patch/delivery level for the new database matches the deliveries applied to the application server instance is quite important to make sure there is no incompatibilities.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Sajith D Thank you for your reply.

I thought that was the way to go and had already tried it but when I tried reconfiguring the application server instance but there wasn’t an option to change the database.

Am I missing somehting.

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi John,

Looks like you are running Apps 10.

You should be able to change the database connection string from the MWS Admin console. The JDBC connection string can be changed in “common>database”.  Still would need a reconfiguration afterwards to get everything setup.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Sajith D 

Thank you so much for your assistance.  

I updated the URL within MWS Admin Console and was then able to reconfigure without any issues.

John