Question

Placeholder in Routing Address

• 17 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

For quicker testing I wanted to take the XML output from a program, reformat to CSV (easier to read) and e-mail it to myself. All straight forward except the last part. The routing Address lets me transform the file and send it to be e-mailed but I am having trouble with specifying the e-mail address. I put it in %RECEIVER% and it gets passed through OK except that the To Address on the e-mail is %RECEIVER% and not my e-mail address. The %SENDER% is translated for the Attachment name as expected. Is this a bug, or am I using the wrong syntax somewhere.

Please forgive if there are no screenshots as they managed to disappear when I tried including some on another post :(

5 replies

Badge +4

1 out of 3  screenshots is better than last time

Screen2a

Screen 2b

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Alan Gillespie ,

I hope you must have found a way to solve the problem by now.

Not all fields in Routing Address supports the keywords and a little trick to find whether a field supports keywords is to hover over the field. It will show a tip message with possible keywords to use ;)

Badge +4

Hello dsj,

Thanks for your tip. Looks like the ‘To:’ field does not take any keywords - not a very flexible system if you have to hard codes e-mail addresses. I should raise this with IFS but I suspect that the response will be a foregone conclusion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello dsj,

Thanks for your tip. Looks like the ‘To:’ field does not take any keywords - not a very flexible system if you have to hard codes e-mail addresses. I should raise this with IFS but I suspect that the response will be a foregone conclusion.

Hi @Alan Gillespie ,

I also think you should raise a ticket or Idea wall post to get IFS attention on this.

BTW I noticed that the application message function is EVENT_BIZAPI and assume this XML is generated via event?

Check below forum reply which explained how to use values from event as To field in routing address. May be it could work for you.

https://community.ifs.com/technology-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/edm-file-attach-to-email-in-routing-address-3424?postid=11732#post11732

Cheers!

Badge +4

Hello dsj,

An interesting bit of code but unfortunately this originates from a pl/sql program call initiated by RMB and not an actual event. This was plagiarised from code by an IFS consultant to output a csv file for an external system. I can create a csv file on the server but I was hoping to be lazy and e-mail the user.