Question

Permissions linked together

Badge

Hello all

We are working with a company setting up permissions and profiles for IFS10.

When they are granting access or removing access to different screens it is automatically adding access to other screens or removing others.

We are getting privilege errors and when the consultant grants access to remove the error it is adding access to other screens we don’t want for that user. 

If we remove access to the screen we don’t want for the user it causes the original fault to come back.

Is there a way to see how the different screens are linked with permissions as the consultant doesn’t know or can the screens we don’t want be removed from the navigator?

Thanks for any help available

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @FORBEE 

do you have an example for this case? Sometimes there exist dependencies between these screens. 

Badge

We were working on the shop floor workbench to make it view only and were getting the below errors.

When they got cleared and we reviewed the navigator a HR page had appeared where we could search for employee details.

This happens with different scenarios where access is being granted to screens we did not want.

I am hoping there is overview screen that would show any connections to the different screens or a way to hide them on the navigator. 

Thanks 

Badge

Where are you setting user permissions, we had to use IFS Enterprise Explorer to do this as couldn’t get the granularity needed in Aurena?  If you have access to IFS Enterprise Explorer it is still complex but you can at least see permissions at a lower level.  We were given access to some Technical Documentation that was somewhat helpful and if you are setting user permissions then IFS should provide you with the same;

Badge

Yes it is enterprise explorer he is using.

The consultant is not from IFS but we have an IFS rep on our project team. He says permissions are a minefield he does not touch as it is not his role. I think we have made a mistake by not contracting IFS to set the permissions and securities but that is well above my pay grade to make that decision. 

I will ask if they can supply any extra material or guides to help the consultant.

For example below you can see Purchase part is revoked. When it is granted it can grant access to other screens we don’t know until we search in the navigator. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @FORBEE 

what you can do is to grant all these APIs in your permission set to prevent the error message. Because the screen you’ve granted need all these APIs to work.

But maybe you will get other error messages later.

For example:

Badge

When I was granting permission sets to a user the Technician told me to use the Projections tab for the granular detail, then assign the permissions set to the user (he was an IFS Tech and even he said it was a minefield but Projections are the lowest level of permission grants so you should be able to define permissions that don’t link to anything else there);

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The projections are for Aurena. They shouldn’t have any impacts on IEE.

Did you try to grant the APIs? Without these APIs the permission set wouldn’t work.

Badge

Thanks for all the comments.

There does not seem to be a way to link what screens are opened automatically for access when a different one has been granted manually.

If we come across a solution I will post it.

Cheers