Question

PDF_REPORT_CREATED event is not triggering when printing

• 6 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

In Apps 10, does PDF_REPORT_CREATED event triggers every time any operational report is printed?

I am trying to send an email when Instant Invoice is printed from RMB Print Invoice option in Instant Invoice form, but it is not triggering the event action. Event action is set to ‘enable’.

PDF_REPORT_CREATED is connected to PrintJob LU and when printing a document, a Print Job is not created. But record in Report Archive is created. But when I select an emailing option such as Email Order in Purchase Order, it creates a Print Job hence PDF_REPORT_CREATED event is triggered and email is sent out.

Thank you.

5 replies

Badge +2

It will trigger every time an operation report is printed if you havent set a condition on the Event Action.  You will need to ensure that your REPORT_TITLE is set to Instant Invoice, a full list of Report Names can be found by navigating to Report Definitions.  You will need to ensure the following is setup.

1. IFS connect is setup so Mail Sender can send e-mails.
  2. In the Customer Record, a customer must be setup with E-mail Communication Methods.  You may need a Default Per Method or Default Per Method and Address.
  3. In Customer Record, Order, Misc Customer Info screen, the e-,mail section, must be setup/ticked to show E-mailing for all.
  4. PDF_REPORT_CREATED must be active and REPORT_TITLE set to Instance Invoice.

Print an Instance Invoice and check the Application Message.  If an Application Message creates the setup is correct and if not sending, then there may be an issue externally with your mail sender.  If no Application message is created, then you will need to check all the above has been configured.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

It will trigger every time an operation report is printed if you havent set a condition on the Event Action.  You will need to ensure that your REPORT_TITLE is set to Instant Invoice, a full list of Report Names can be found by navigating to Report Definitions.  You will need to ensure the following is setup.

1. IFS connect is setup so Mail Sender can send e-mails.
  2. In the Customer Record, a customer must be setup with E-mail Communication Methods.  You may need a Default Per Method or Default Per Method and Address.
  3. In Customer Record, Order, Misc Customer Info screen, the e-,mail section, must be setup/ticked to show E-mailing for all.
  4. PDF_REPORT_CREATED must be active and REPORT_TITLE set to Instance Invoice.

Print an Instance Invoice and check the Application Message.  If an Application Message creates the setup is correct and if not sending, then there may be an issue externally with your mail sender.  If no Application message is created, then you will need to check all the above has been configured.

@IWSJON Thank you very much for your reply. All 4 points you have mentioned are set up correctly. But it is still not creating Application Messages for Instant Invoice.  When I try Purchase Order, Email Order RMB creates a application message but when select Print RMB on PO, it wont create Application Message. These were working fine in previous version, so I wonder anything has been changed in Apps10.

Badge +2

You may need to configure message setup on the Customer too.

Run the following in SQL Developer

select          Customer_Inv_Msg_Setup_API.Get_Default_Media_Code( *ENTER COMPANY ID*, *ENTER CUSTOMER ID* ,'CUSTOMER','INVOIC')
from    dual;

If it brings back Null, then go into Message Setup screen on the Customer screen and enter your message class and Media Code (Media Code usually is CONNECT)

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Shewa

I hope you’re well?

I have the exact same issue with the Instant Invoice print job not emailing the PDF statement across as expected.  Did you manage to get an answer to the above that you’re able to share please.

Thanks

Kev

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I had the same issue with sending PDF instant invoices with one of my Customers. It seems that the parameters used by PDF_REPORT_CREATED are not passed, when you print out instant invoice. 

The proposed solution is to use report rules instead - You could create a report rule for INSTANT_INVOICE_REP and use action type = “Route to Connect”.

In this way, when the User prints out an instant invoice, an email (that can have a predefined text) with PDF attachment (printed instant invoice) will be sent to the Customer e-mail address.

For more details with examples, please check technical documentation:

http://f1web/f1docproj/apps10sp/foundation1/040_administration/250_operational_reporting/070_report_rules/default.htm

Best regards,

Marcin