Solved

Password Reset - IFS Cloud

• 25 August 2021
  • 15 replies

Badge +4

Hi - We are a IFS cloud customer. Currently on apps 10 and will be moving to v12. Nothing is hosted on-prem. The login page for apps 10 has a forgotten password option which we have been told does not work and will not in version 12 which is odd considering the option is there and that ‘password resets’ is a basic part of any hosted platform.

As a result we have to manually reset peoples passwords. As a company with over 2000 employees, this is not practical.

Does anyone have any input on this please?

We are open to using the IFS API’s to create are own password reset function.

Thanks.

Nav.

icon

Best answer by Yasas Kasthuriarachchi 27 August 2021, 17:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Badge +4

Hi - It seems that there is a API available for this. Please see the post below:

Badge +4

Hi - The post here is marked as solved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

HI @navneetbhatt,

Are you on IFSAPP10 UPD12?  By referring as IFS Cloud customer hope you meant hosted in Cloud if so? And are you using IFS10 Enterprise explorer or IFS10 Aurena Client?
Hope you meant UPD12 as version 12?
Thanks & Best Regards,
Yasas

Badge +4

Hi,

We are currently using IFS10 Enterprise explorer and IFS10 Aurena Client.

We will be moving to IFS12 in the next few months.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @navneetbhatt,
Thanks for the information. If I understood your request correctly you need additional help for users to change the password on clicking the “Forgot password” rather than simply displaying Please contact your administrator

Unfortunately this is an enhancement request that hasn’t been implemented for IFSAPP10 Aurena, but R&D has informed that this will addressed in a future IFS Cloud release. It has been planned to provide future enhancements onto this functionality with IFSCLOUD22.

As per thread you mentioned developing a custom API to reset password automatically and email the new password to the user, once a request is made via email is an option you can explore from your end or by contacting partners but it will not be an IFS recommendation because there could be security concerns and the scope hasn’t been fully analyzed for IFS implementation.

However I will add R&D to check if a future solution will be available on this for IFSAPP10 Aurena after its fixed in later IFS Cloud version. But that will be by 2022 or later release as per current plans.

Hi @subslk once a solution for this request be available with an IFS Cloud release (PACZSECA-2574), would it be possible to have the enhancement on IFSAPP10 Aurena as well with a later update?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Yasas

Badge +4

Is it possible to create a custom API on the IFS cloud platform? If so, do we link to a web service from the newly created API? Is there any documentation on how to create an API?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @navneetbhatt,
As I understood you are not in IFS Cloud but rather IFSAPP10, you might be hosted in Cloud but that is not IFS Cloud platform. If you are upgrading to IFS Cloud (latest IFS Releases) you should receive latest enhancements on this regard with IFSCLOUD22 or later. Do refer to IFS APP10 - Technical documentation for more information on the APIs. You can find all IFS public documentations via https://docs.ifs.com/. Hope this was helpful.

Do refer how IFS Cloud will benefit you via https://www.ifs.com/ifs-cloud

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Authentication is totally different from APPS 10 to IFS Cloud Application. ( Latest release. Not APPS 10 hosted in Cloud)  so we can’t down port a solution from IFS Cloud to APPS 10 directly. 

If this is needed for APPS 10, that it new feature implementation and that needed to be prioritized properly through SVP or Product Managers. 

Customization for APPS 10 -  I don't think its a good solution. Apps 10 Authorization goes through MWS. 

Badge +4

Sorry I dont follow. Are you saying that this is a possibility with IFS12 and not IFS10?

Badge +4

Hi - Is it possible to get a call on this as this is an important feature for us and something we have asked for, for over a year, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @navneetbhatt,
Thank you for all the information. I have informed on this as a registered request via solution 291906 to R&D. They shall consider on this internally based on the prioritizations on this as well. Hopefully any new updates would be updated via this thread and KBA: 

So kindly subscribe into it and updates will follow via the comments :)

Thanks & Best Regards,
Yasas

Badge +4

Hi - I get an error message when I click on the link. Can you grant me permissions please? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @navneetbhatt,
I believe that is since you have not registered as a partner or customer and only selected ‘Just Visiting’ for Member Type in Community. Could you kindly update and verify using your Customer or Partner email. So once registration completes you shall have the visibility on that. CC @KristenGastaldo 

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@navneetbhatt - I’ve updated your permissions and you should have access now!

Badge +4

Hi - I still do not have access and get the below:

It looks like you might not be logged-in or do not have the correct permissions.

Please check that you are logged in by using the icon in the top right hand corner of this page. If you have an account and are logged-in but still do not have access to this content, it is because this content restricted to a certain segment of our community (customers, partners, or employees, for example). If you have just created your account, there is a slight delay while we verify your credentials and update your permissions as a customer or partner. If you think that you should have access, please email the community manager to have your account permissions checked.