Solved

Operational report images after updating to UPD7

• 9 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

After upgrading to UPD7 company logos and report graphics seems to have been changed to require to be in the database. There is a fallback setting in Systeminformation but is it anyone else having problems with images on operational reports?

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 9 April 2020, 13:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

As of UPD7 images, logos and signatures are imported in to the database. Earlier the “Base Path For Report Designer Graphics” folder should contain the runtime images and normally these images should match the images in the IFS home repository and the customer’s harvest. Therefore, importing from the repository should give you the same output as taking from disk location if all was updated as expected. You would see a difference if one of these was not updated.

The fallback path is used only if the image is not found in the database. If the image is found then what was in the database is taken. You will see mismatch if the image in the IFS Home is different to the one in the previous image folder on disk.

If you want the image that was earlier on disk, then copy the correct image in to the IFS Home repository and then do a reconfiguration of the IFS Home and select to import the layouts. By doing so the installer will import the correct image in to database. If not, the other option is to delete the row containing the image from the database making the framework fetch the image from the disk location. The relevant tables are report_images_tab , report_logos_tab and report_signatures_tab.

There is no configuration page to manage the images in UPD7. Yet in UPD8 there is a page in IFS Aurena called “Report Images” to manage the images, logos and signatures in the database. You can import, export, delete or prevent the overwrite of the images. The fix was done with patch 152353 and you should be able to single patch this in to UPD7.

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara ,

How is this going to affect report rules?

Our customers use report rules to set report logo based on the content. E.g. one of my customer is setting report logo based on the site using the rule below. It looks like we can no longer refer images in the MWS folders in the report rules. Setting up logo image via Report rule is not working after UPD7. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if there is workaround for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara ,

How is this going to affect report rules?

Our customers use report rules to set report logo based on the content. E.g. one of my customer is setting report logo based on the site using the rule below. It looks like we can no longer refer images in the MWS folders in the report rules. Setting up logo image via Report rule is not working after UPD7. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if there is workaround for this.

Technically it looks at the image name. If the record doesn’t exists then the disk path pointed by the graphics path should be taken. So rules should work as well if the file names are unique. Try deleting the images from the tables which will make it take the images from disk.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks Chanaka!

I tried your workaround. It works!

Step 1: delete ALL the images from report_images_tab , report_logos_tab and report_signatures_tab.

Step 2: Remove images from repository folders below so that images won’t come back to tables when you reconfigure MWS next time.

• <ifshome>\repository\server\reports\images
  • <ifshome>\repository\server\reports\signatures
  • <ifshome>\repository\server\reports\stdlogo