Question

"One time Vendor" functionality available in APPs 8 SP1 ...?

• 29 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I’m hoping that someone may have a suggestion or two regarding the ability to place a PO on a supplier not uniquely set up in IFS. The scenario would be when we want to procure either product or service as a “one-off” with no expectations of using that supplier again. The objective would be to benefit from the control offered by use of a PO but without all the Supplier record data housekeeping effort. I am aware of the “IFS Supplier Template” facility, but wondered if:

1. I have missed some existing suitable functionality
  2. This (or similar) does exist in IFS; but in later versions. Any additional help to justify a system upgrade would be welcomed!     Thanks very much.  

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

You can have a look at non-supplier payments, at least you could have the payment authorized out of the door. But the PO you need to make in Paint or Word and maybe attach it to the row. As far as I know I'm not aware of the functionality you are looking for. 

Badge +2

Hi MR10,

Thanks very much for your considerations and comments. We will progress the non-supplier payment approach further. Thanks again.