Solved

Notification Email not sent in Apps10

• 19 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

I tried sending an email through a custom event. But when the custom event is triggered the mail is not sent for any of the relevant users.

1. The event action has the following setup 

1. Setup IFS Connectivity has the following. 

And when I check in the Application Messages it is showed that the event is triggered with all the relevant data related to the event. (Names of the receivers, Email body)

Can someone please share any thoughts on what else I can do from my end in order to get this issue sorted?  :) 

Best Regards,

Kalpani

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 19 October 2021, 15:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @XitKalpaR ,

Seems the Application message is in Released state which means it’s not processed by the batch processor.

Go to the Oracle Queues window and check if there are any Messages in the ‘Messages in Queue Table’. If the value is not 0 for BATCH_PROC_QUEUE, then there’s a problem with the batch processor. Usually a restart of IFS Middleware Server resolve this problem.

Regards,

Damith

Badge +2

@dsj Thank you for the prompt response :)

And yes I checked the Messages in Queue Table in the Oracle Queues window as you mentioned. But for BATCH_PROC_QUEUE the value is 0.

Is there anything else I can try out?

Regards,

Kalpani

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @XitKalpaR ,

Are successfully sending other email notifications to users from IFS?  

Since you have a message in the the application message I suspect your event action is okay but it could be something with the MAIL_SENDER_1 setup.    Possibly the username or password is incorrect or the security protocol should be TLS or SSL.  

We didn’t want to create a specific email account for just for IFS so we had to configure our Exchange server to allow anonymous relay from our IFS Application servers to get emails working from IFS.   You may need to check to see if your setup is similar. 

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@dsj Thank you for the prompt response :)

And yes I checked the Messages in Queue Table in the Oracle Queues window as you mentioned. But for BATCH_PROC_QUEUE the value is 0.

Is there anything else I can try out?

Regards,

Kalpani

Following topic might be a help for you. Check the J2ee logs and see if you can find a relevant error.

Applications Messages, Notifications stuck on "Released" | IFS Community

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello @XitKalpaR ,

Default Instance must be selected.

An important situation that I have experienced before; It may be necessary to log in to the corresponding email account from a web browser on the server where ifs is installed.

Cheers!

Barış