Question

Navigator Designer in AURENA

• 14 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am trying to change the label name of Page from Page Designer as well as from Navigator Designer. I dont want to publish the changes, I want to first see from my user id (IFSAPP). After doing the changes i am saving but not publishing the changes. What I am experiencing is when I am restarting the Aurena or refreshing the page, changes are not reflecting in UPD 8. 

When I was doing in Upd 6, changes were reflecting to me after refreshing of pages but when when I am doing in UPD8 I always have to publish the changes. To make the changes effective is this has become mandatory to publish in UPD 8. Please confirm.

Thanks and Cheers

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If we consider the page designer, your changes will appear on the page only if the page designer is opened. As soon as you close the page designer, your changes will disappear. When you restarting Aurena or refreshing the page, the page designer will close and as part of it, the changes will be hidden. But as soon as you open the page designer again, all your previous changes should be visible. 

The same behavior applies for navigator designer as well. The unpublished (synchronized) changes will only appear if the navigator designer is opened. So you must open navigator designer if you want to see your unpublished changes. 

If you are expecting changes visible always but only for your user (IFSAPP), you will need to do the changes in a specific context (rather than the global context) and publish them. Now you can append the context in to page URLs that you want to see the changes. Otherwise you can assign this context to your user’s (basically for IFSAPP) using company, ledger or wage class - this is the only available functionality for now. See more details about using configuration contexts in the following path in your technical documentation.

.../045_administration_aurena/220_Configuration/330_configuration_contexts/default.htm 

Also you may refer to community post - https://community.ifs.com/technology-all-about-the-nuts-and-bolts-that-make-it-work-50/profile-import-export-in-aurena-1102?postid=4499#post4499 to get a quick.