Question

mWO Service 10 Central WHSE

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi, I could’t find out this topic (I’m quite new of this forum).

I’m testing functionality for the technicians, trying to reach such scenario: the technician makes a transport task for a part  from central warehouse (which is non remote) to his own remote (default) warehouse. 

As a result, there is reservation made  for that, warehouse sends material to remote WHSE  and then the technician can do an issue to WO.

I have no idea, how to set up the system  to make the stock of the central  visible and accesible for the mobile ?

(I do know, how it works with two WHSE’s connected to the technician, but both of them has to be remote).

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

If I read your post correctly, you want to create a transport task on the MWO App. In order to do that, you need to do that you need to make central Warehouse a user connected warehouse. I would not recommend this as it would synchronise a lot of records into the app.  To my knowledge, creating transport tasks on MWO are allowed only for Remote warehouse anyway.

Normally I would recommend setting up a transport task to deliver goods from a central store to VAN/default remote warehouse is done by the back-office staff.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you Anjana. In my further exercises I’ve set up my system just like you advice.  Indeed  my 

central WHSE has about 7 000 records - it takes some time to synchronize (and - whats worse - to

display them). So I try to play with the distribution on the back office. My problem is how to keep 

identity between Maintenance Material Requisition and transactions in Warehouse Management

in  a case when I can’t supply a technician from the operating quantities. When it comes to purchase,

so I can create purchase requisition. But do I need some customs to manage transport tasks from

here ?