Solved

"Modern Authentication" for SMTP Office 365 IFS cloud

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi!

A customer reached out and asked about the the SMTP authentication for Event Actions in IFS Cloud 22R1. Are there an option to use a modern authentication (like Oauth 2.0) when connecting to Office 365 Exchange server ? 

The background is that Microsoft are moving away from legacy authentication methods (in some areas it’s deprecated) and recommend upgrading your authentication method. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/clients-and-mobile-in-exchange-online/deprecation-of-basic-authentication-exchange-online 

icon

Best answer by Kasun Alahakoon 27 June 2022, 17:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @NovAlbinL

I hope you’re doing well and keeping safe.

This is a new feature request and we’re aware of the requirement. And this option will be available with IFS Cloud 22R2 release. 

Best Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Great, thx for the information!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

What about IFS10 version? It will not be possible to configure MAIL_SENDER with using MS account?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

This is a new feature request and we’re aware of the requirement. And this option will be available with IFS Cloud 22R2 release. 

Best Regards,

Do we know if this got implimented? 

Are there any instructons as I couldn’t get it to work.

Thanks,

Alex

Badge +3

Hi @NovAlbinL

Best Regards,

we are trying to do this in 22R2 but I think this is delayed to 22R3 can you please confirm?

22r2 – Link

22r3 – Link

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Is this feature, promised for 22R2, available yet? We’re on 23R1 and we can’t get it to work. It will be a blocker for our implementation if we can’t send emails through Microsoft Office 365.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am looking for this functionality too. We are on 23R1, but can’t get it to work. Worked with my partner, no luck. Asked support, they told me to open a consultancy ticket because they don’t support implementing features, opened a consultancy ticket and they forwarded it on to my partner without communicating with me in any way. #momentofservice

Guessing that someone at IFS knows how to configure this. Would be nice if they would share their knowledge.