Question

Mixed Payment External File Template

• 7 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I am looking for help troubleshooting an External File Type/Template that I built.

I created this External File Type & Template because the ExtMixedPayment file type did not have the fields I needed. 

When this file is imported to IFS, I would like it to create a Mixed Payment AND create transaction lines on the Mixed Payment.

However, when I import the file today I get a “Transfer Skipped” message, meaning no Mixed Payment was created.

Any ideas what needs to be changed so that this file triggers a Mixed Payment (with transaction lines) to be created?

External File Type:

External File Type

External File Type Parameters

External File Template Detail
External File Template Input Settings
External File Template Control (skips file header)
Test file (CSV)

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Im also facing the same problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I have not checked in a while, but I am not sure we have ever gotten our Mixed Payment external file to work correctly.

Does anyone have a working example of a Mixed Payment external file from a relatively common bank like JP Morgan/Chase?

As far as I know, the partners working with us have come up empty on this as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Did anyone come up with anything clever for this one? I want to create mixed payments from an external file also so be good to know if someone has cracked how to do this

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@BLLBrucemo We have not come up with a solution that will work with External File Templates.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Ah thanks anyway. Did you decide a good workaround?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@BLLBrucemo  I believe they are just planning to use standard Mixed Payment functionality at this time - no work around that I’m aware of.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

This is a really interesting thread.  I noticed that the code parts are not visible in the standard external mixed payment type so thought about creating my own. 

But since you have hit the problem about I think I will create a data migration job directly into mixed payment. 

Unless someone tells me they have cracked this problem and how? 

Thanks

Barrie