Migrating document files into IFS Cloud (22R1) Docman

• 27 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 15 replies

Hi Docman/Migration gurus!

This must be a rather commong question: How can we migrate a larger number of documents into IFS docman? In our case we have PDF contacts that we export from Salesforce along with a reference to the Contract object, which we want to migrate into IFS Cloud (on prem) and connect to the relebvant object. The object connection I guess is no big drama, but… how to get the files into IFS?

/Tor

@Mathias Dahl  I guess you might have some ideas? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

There is an integration/premium API (projection) that we implemented already on Apps 10 named CreateAndImportDocument which is the main/official API for creating documents in Docman, uploading files and connecting to a business object. It's documented as all other APIs via the API Explorer, with extra details.

Using that API you can quite easily migrate a large number of documents. Then there is the standard APIs that can also be used if you need to do more things.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks @Mathias Dahl, good to see you live and active on the customer forum, we will have a look at this and revert back if we get stuck. 

/Tor

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

The integration / premium APIs don’t support setting e.g format size, status etc though. But just use the debugger and you’ll see what payload and API to use.

But it’s pretty straightforward to create a Logic App or Function to do it, and there’s a multitude of connectors available in Azure eg Salesforce connector, or even read from disk.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks for further input and guidance @AndreasIsengaard, we’ll have someone a bit more techie than me to give it a go...

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Tor,

We have some software we've written that performs this task.

Drop me a message if you are interested.