Question

Microsoft Power Apps Integration With IFS

• 24 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hello,

Our company has been utilizing Microsoft Power Apps for a while now and we’ve created several Power Apps over time and we think utilizing Microsoft Power Apps would be useful for creating applications for our users who also may need to retrieve or enter data into IFS Application 10 Update 8 and higher.

We are thinking about creating applications which would integrate with the IFS HR Onboarding and Training, Call Center, NCR and Corrective and Preventative Action modules.

Has anyone created a Microsoft Power App which integrates with IFS and could you share how you created it and utilize your application.   We are just beginning to research this topic.

I’ve seen this community post but there isn’t much details in it.

We’d really like to look at a sample application so we can understand how to support having our users log into IFS from the Power App.  We use Azure AD and have IFS configured to utilize this as well.  A sample application would go a long way to helping us understand what needs to be done and what additional training we may require.

Regards,

William Klotz

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Badge +1

Could you provide more details on this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello - would there by any license implications of getting users to process transactions in Power Apps and then a Power App performing the transaction inIFS as a single user? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

We have not done this but I do like the concept. 

Something to bear in mind is if it requires some custom tables to support (which it may not but I thought I’d mention it) then be sure to take into account the constraints of any Oracle ASFU licensing if you have that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @AndreaPerera ,

I think what we are inquiring is to see if anyone has created a power app which retrieves or updates information in IFS and could share source code so we could learn from example.  We find we learn best by following up reading with examples we can review.

@NickPorter good pointer about custom tables.  We did license database as ASFU through IFS.

Thank you,

William Klotz

Badge +2

I am in the process of creating a power automate/powerplatform custom connector to IFS. I am currently struggling against triggers at the moment. Anyone successed with it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @pieronegri ,

We haven’t created a custom connector to IFS because we’ve decided to wait for IFS to release a power automate connector like they’ve done for Dell Boomi.

Regards,

William Klotz

Badge +2

official connector would be of course my favourit course of action too, but in the meanwhile… :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @pieronegri ,

You may wish to contact your account manager and ask if/when IFS plans on releasing a Microsoft Power Connector.  Our account manager informed us its in the works and tentatively schedule for release sometime after IFS Cloud 21R2 which was release end of October.   We plan on following up with our account manager when we meet on 12/6 on the status of the connector.   Our feelings are the more who request via their account manager the more likely IFS will complete and release it.

Regards,

William Klotz