Question

Microsoft Flow / Microsoft Automate with IFS API's

• 26 November 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Has anyone used the Microsoft Power Apps such as Microsoft Flow (new name is Microsoft Automate) to interact with IFS?   I’m wondering how similar these tools are to other No Code/Low Code solutions.  

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If you are asking on App10, yes, this is possible to do .

If you are planning to use OpenAPI Power Apps doesn’t support V3 yet(as I remember). So have to use V2. You can find out some details on it on the following link (Technical Documentation → IFS Administration & Configuration Guide in IFS Aurena → Integration → API Documentation)

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/default.htm?openpage=https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/default.htm

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi!

I’m looking into using power apps with IFS. I assume that I set up a custom Connection in Power Apps. There are two options for Open API, “Open API” file or “OpenAPI from URL”.

If I can use URL, what URL would that be?

For example I would like to add business opportunities to IFS CRM.  https://test.com:48080/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/BusinessOpportunityCreation.svc/$openapi?V3

Is there some documentation, Step by step, how this is done? It would be really great to have an example for this.

Badge +2

Hi, I am in the process of creating a connector. I could successfully link to powerautomate and powerapps, altough I am still not able to create triggers in powerautomate. Anyone succeeded?

Badge

Hi All, 

For anyone still wondering about this, you do not need to create a connector. You can simply use the HTTP function to send your instructions to Alliance in line with the integration guide documentation. 

Setup a login HTTP request and retrieve the session ID result using convert to text function. Then use the captured session ID string in all of your subsequent instructions in line with the integration guide. 

I used postman to help me identify how to wrap the xml commands correctly. 

You can even loop through sharepoint lists etc so your end users can put a load sheet in a folder with a specific name and press run. 

Just don’t forget to send a log out HTTP command at the end of your flow. 

Hope that helps someone. 

Badge +2

Hi, I am in the process of creating a connector. I could successfully link to powerautomate and powerapps, altough I am still not able to create triggers in powerautomate. Anyone succeeded?

Linked actions successfully. Triggers not. 

Hi All, 

For anyone still wondering about this, you do not need to create a connector. You can simply use the HTTP function to send your instructions to Alliance in line with the integration guide documentation. 

Sorry, that is not really the same IDKFA. For many reasons which are related to the very nature of custom connectors. 

Badge

Sorry, that is not really the same IDKFA. For many reasons which are related to the very nature of custom connectors. 

Yes that is correct, it is not the same thing. But it is easy and it does work. So it’s a viable solution for OP.  If custom connectors work for you then no worries at all, I’m happy for you. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi All. We are trying hardly now with the IFS Cloud. We are able to invoke the REST APIs via the postman according to the training material in the IFS Academy, but no luck with the Power Platform. Any recent experience or know how available? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @jaryskorys 

We have done that and please refer my blog post below which has a step-by-step guide on how to connect IFS Cloud with PowerApps platform.

https://dsj23.me/2023/08/08/getting-started-with-microsoft-power-apps-with-ifs-cloud/

At Align Consulting,  we are exploring the integration possibilities and expanding our expertise on MS power platform and IFS Cloud. Please get in touch if you need any help.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We will try. Thanks a lot!