Solved

Message language on a read only CF

• 5 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello.

On a CF, read only type, how can I get the user language?

I have to display a message, the message is returned by a custom function.

I thought to send the value of #USER_LANGUAGE# as a parameter, the variable can’t get the value, just the label.

icon

Best answer by romsar 6 December 2023, 09:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@romsar it’s possible to translate Custom Attributes. Would that help?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello @Marcel.Ausan 

Thanks for your feedback, but I don’t understand the screen you are showing, it’s probably because we are still using the UPD5 of IFS ….

On my side, I had a look at IFS packages, and I found Fnd_Session_API.Get_Language to get the user language. I made some tests in which I was in french and in english versions, in both cases, I could get the right language ISO code.

EDIT : I think you are not showing a possible response to my question, it’s not a matter related to the prompt of the custom fields, but it’s about the script behind my read only custom field which returns a text which needs to be translated

Badge +2

@romsar Is this what you are looking for? When choosing Translate in the drop down you get a dialog where you can enter translation for each language code.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello @VBGLinda 

That’s not related to any SQL querry.

EDIT : thats the interface we have

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@romsar I initially thought you wanted to do a text translation on the label of the custom field → for Apps10 it’s the screen that @VBGLinda posted. My bad for misunderstanding the post. I’m glad you found a way to do it 😁.

Badge +2

@romsar ok, I misunderstood as well 🙄. I do not think we have such an example. Only CF connected to custom enumaration with translation and persistant in one page. Then another read only CF in another page reffering to the CF connected to the enumaration. Glad you found a solution 😊