Solved

Merging Permission Sets

• 1 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Is there a way to merge more than two permission sets together in one go ?

BR

Champika

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 1 April 2021, 21:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

By merge are you looking to create a brand new Permission Set or trying to grant additional permission sets to another permission set?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for the reply. My requirement is bit different here. I want to create a permission set by merging few permission sets together, so that I could do the necessary modifications on the newly created permission set without affecting the others.

BR

Champika

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You can export the permissions to XML that you want to merge.  Then import them one at a time into a new permission set or start with one of the originals with a different name as the first import.  For each subsequent import, you will need to import as the same file name so it is found, then you can select Merge and keep adding however many you want to combine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @VanChampS,

You can create a structure of permission set. You can create a brand new Permission set and using permission structure you can grant existing permissions to newly created  permission set. This can use to merge multiple permissions in to one permission and also can grant new access to new permission separately.

Select the View Structure at the Permission Set window (where you create the new permissions). This will navigate you to the Permission set Grant Structure window and in there you can grant the relevant old permission sets to this new new permission set in Granted Permission Sets section.

In the Structure Preview tab you can see the granted Permission sets.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your support.

BR

Champika