Solved

Maintenance User Cannot Be Set As a Resource in Resource Allocation

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello

Easy question, I think. I’m using APS10 Update 16 and troubleshooting the setup of a maintenance user that can’t be set as a resource in the resource allocation dialog. IFS help is asking me to check Scheduling Basic Data but I can’t find it anywhere. All items in my navigator are unhidden. Is it called something else in my version?

icon

Best answer by KevinLach 21 September 2023, 19:15

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

HI @KevinLach ,

Please add screenshots of the resource details and the resource allocation error so that we can better understand the problem.

Thanks,

Nethmini

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Our maintenance manger is trying to allocation a user as a resource on an active work order, but cannot. Here are screen shots of the user (TSHEPARD) setup. As far as I can tell, the user is set up similarly to other users that can be allocated. The one part I haven’t been able to check from the IFS help is the “Scheduling Basic Data” page but I cannot find it in IFS.

Thank You

Userlevel 7

Our maintenance manger is trying to allocation a user as a resource on an active work order, but cannot. Here are screen shots of the user (TSHEPARD) setup. As far as I can tell, the user is set up similarly to other users that can be allocated. The one part I haven’t been able to check from the IFS help is the “Scheduling Basic Data” page but I cannot find it in IFS.

Thank You

In the allocation screen, do you see a “Apply Constraints” option? Can you try and untick that? If that solves it, check that capacity has been generated for the resource.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello Anmise,

I am not seeing an “Apply Constraints” option in the allocaiton screen. See below:

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @KevinLach ,

Looking at the screenshots I don’t see any issue here . Ideally you should be able to drag and drop the allocated time slot to the resource as below. One thing I noted was you have not defined planned start and finish on the work task, but it does not affect the allocation process.

Before
After dragging & dropping, and saving

Scheduling Basic Data page is belonged to component SCH360. Here in the above example the resource 100 is not defined as a resource here, so I’m curious why you are looking for this window. Do you get any error message during allocation? if so please mention the error .

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini 

Userlevel 7

Hello Anmise,

I am not seeing an “Apply Constraints” option in the allocaiton screen. See below:

Okay. You are seeing the resource here and it looks like the demand is allocated to the resource, so I’m a bit lost as to what the problem is. Can you explain what it is you cannot do here? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello Anmise, I apologize that I’m probably not explaining the problem well. For other maintenance person resources, their name can be dragged from the top part of the screen to the bottom part to place them in schedule. In the case of TSHEPARD, the user cannot be dragged to the bottom part of the screen to place him in the schedule.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @KevinLach ,

Please try below suggestions

1. Try the same process after setting planned start and planned finish dates on the work task.
  2. If the issue still exists perform ‘Calculate Resource Capacity’ and try again

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Nethmini,

I performed the steps you suggested in the previous post. The user is reporting that on some work orders, he can allocate TSHEPARD to the work order. It seems that there is more than one problem happening here. I am going to stop working on this for now as we have IFS success working with the maintenance team soon and this subject will be addressed then. Thanks for your help. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

This is solved. The user did not have a period set on their Employee File record.