Solved

Mail Sender configuration.

• 13 February 2024
  • 12 replies

Badge +1

We have created an Application Server Task with a noreply@ email address as “Email Sent From”:

and in Setup IFS Connect – Mail Sender looks like this:

Still, the email arrives from the user account s_azure.smtp@:

We have tried with “Override mail sender” both checked and unchecked, but this doesn’t change anything.

Anyone with the same issue, or with a solution for it?

icon

Best answer by NickPorter 13 February 2024, 15:13

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @BWLKARA 

Default mail sender setting is tricky to play with :) Try following and see if it works

• Set the “Override mail sender” unchecked
  • In the quick report schedule, use No Reply <noreply@bwenergy.no> as the Email Sent From

Cheers!

Damith

Badge +1

Hi @BWLKARA 

Default mail sender setting is tricky to play with :) Try following and see if it works

• Set the “Override mail sender” unchecked
  • In the quick report schedule, use No Reply <noreply@bwenergy.no> as the Email Sent From

Cheers!

Damith

Hello Damith.

Thank you for your comment. However, this has already been tried, and it does not work.

Regards,

Kathrine Rane.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @BWLKARA 

Can you check the application message for the emailing the quick report and see what’s the value for the Sender in message line to check if the sender sets from the schedule task is set properly?

If you haven’t tried yet, set a user id (eg. IFSAPP) in the Email Sent From and see if it picks the user email?

Cheers!

Damith

Badge +1

Sender here is noreply@ , but not in the email I received.

I’ve tried with IFSAPP too, but it didn’t change anything.

Regards, 

Kathrine Rane

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @BWLKARA 

can you try to reply to the received mail and check what’s the correct sender of the email. I just wonder if IFS ignores the sender parameter and uses the default sender or it’s the sender name which is wrong.

Cheers!

Damith

Badge +1

It’s not just the name:

I appreciate that you are trying to help us here :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

My guess (and it is just that) is that the SMTP service in o365 is not allowing the account being used (s_azure.smtp) to send out as a different account regardless of what you tell it to do.  Most mail services can be configured to prevent sending as someone else during a message relay, which is part of how spam email works, and this might be what you’re seeing.

Can you or someone on the o365 look into that configuration on the mail service side?

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Out of curiosity, I tried to schedule a report with another user as sender in the quick report app server task and seems the functionality is working.

Note that OVERIDE_MAIL_SENDER is unchecked for the mail sender configurations. If this is the same setup as you,  I’m leaning towards the O365 configurations issue as suggested by @NickPorter 

Some time ago I saw the same problem but then the application message was failed since the mailbox doesn’t have privilege to send as another user. But it could have been changed in O365 now.

Damith

Badge +1

My guess (and it is just that) is that the SMTP service in o365 is not allowing the account being used (s_azure.smtp) to send out as a different account regardless of what you tell it to do.  Most mail services can be configured to prevent sending as someone else during a message relay, which is part of how spam email works, and this might be what you’re seeing.

Can you or someone on the o365 look into that configuration on the mail service side?

Nick

Hello Nick.

Thank you for your reply. 
We assume this is the reason for our trouble.

Regards,
Kathrine Rane

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Out of curiosity, I tried to schedule a report with another user as sender in the quick report app server task and seems the functionality is working.

Note that OVERIDE_MAIL_SENDER is unchecked for the mail sender configurations. If this is the same setup as you,  I’m leaning towards the O365 configurations issue as suggested by @NickPorter 

Some time ago I saw the same problem but then the application message was failed since the mailbox doesn’t have privilege to send as another user. But it could have been changed in O365 now.

Damith

Hello @dsj  and what did you do to fix this error . I have the same error when i send  report by mail i will see 2 new lines in application message page. one in failure and one in success.

The one that works has followed the reporting rule settings and the one that doesn't work since the mailbox doesn’t have privilege to send as another user aloso has the following title: PDF file for Confirmation de cde client report for result key 1984 is ready .

I want to know if it’s possible stop sending this second email, which will still fail.To only have one record in application message

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ArcElhadC 

In O365 admin center, you can give the mailbox user to send as other user

Give mailbox permissions to another user - Admin Help - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

I assume you have checked the Send Email checkbox in your print dialog which triggers the second email. instead of that, you can set the printer to No Printout, which will still trigger the report rule and send the mail accordingly.

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @ArcElhadC 

In O365 admin center, you can give the mailbox user to send as other user

Give mailbox permissions to another user - Admin Help - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

I assume you have checked the Send Email checkbox in your print dialog which triggers the second email. instead of that, you can set the printer to No Printout, which will still trigger the report rule and send the mail accordingly.

Hope it helps!

Damith

Hello @dsj 

Thanks for you answer

But where should i go to set the printer to No Printout.

And yes i checked the Send Email CheckBox in the print dialog .

This is for exemple reporr rule Action i created for 

User will trigger mail sending and define destinator in the print dialog

and this is the result in the application message page. 

Regards,