Question

LU's losing connection to Base Tables

• 26 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

Has anyone come across an issue with LU’s losing their connection to Base Tables in Apps 8? I have just amended an existing published custom field, but when I went to re-publish I got an error saying the LU isn’t connected to a Base Table. When I check the Logical Unit it is no longer connected but it is was before and still is in our other test database.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hayley

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I have never seen that …

Quick search on LCS, some cases have reported this.  Which table/LU are you using?

Check the Excluded Logical Units page (if that existed in Apps 8, not sure).

====================================

From an LCS case:

“Seems it's not possible to add custom fields to both Customer Invoice form window and the Customer Invoices overview window since the connected LU, CustomerOrderInvHead , does not have a base table. When there is no base table connected to the LU that logical Unit cannot have custom fields.

If you log in to an APP8 environment and try to add custom fields to above window, it will give you an information message. "The LU Does not have a base table".

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@paul harland Should @HayleyG create a case? Wondering if support would need to try to reproduce?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@KristenGastaldo definitely could

There are some LUs that do not support custom fields so if we know which LU we can probably answer it here

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @paul harland & @KristenGastaldo,

The LU with the initial issue was RiskAssessment, but we then had an issue on PurchaseReqLineNopart. We have since refreshed the cache and the base tables are visible again, but have raised a case with Support to try and establish what caused this to happen in the first place.

Do you know if IFS are able to supply a list of LU’s that do not support custom fields so we know for future?

Many thanks

Hayley

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @paul harland & @KristenGastaldo,

Do you know if IFS are able to supply a list of LU’s that do not support custom fields so we know for future?

I don't remember if this is available in Apps 8, but in Apps 9, at least, you can go to Solution Manager --> User Interface --> Custom Objects --> Excluded Logical Units.