Solved

Logging into Aurena with app owner when use ADFS user authentication

• 23 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are using Apps10 UPD6.  We use ADFS to give our users SSO into IFS.  This means DB logins don’t work from the standard link.

When we need to use the app owner ID, we go into the /admin page and use the “IFS Enterprise Explorer - Admin” link to use a DB login.  

We are starting to work in Aurena.  It looks like I only have an “ADFS” door into Aurena.  Does anyone know how I can login to Aurena using my DB App Owner ID?

icon

Best answer by Himasha Abeywickrama 23 April 2020, 19:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jhooperyan,

Unfortunately, Aurena will not support the ‘admin’ gateway and this is not on the Roadmap for IFS Applications 10.

Going forward, in the next core release, the plan is to support the ability to configure multiple identity providers for an instance and allow a choice of which method is utilized.  So, for example, some users could utilize Azure AD or ADFS SSO while others are using the database username/password method.

I’m sorry we don’t have a better answer for you now, but it is something that is planned to be supported in the next release.

If a database authentication fallback is needed for administration tasks, the instruction is to use Enterprise Explorer.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Himasha Kapugeekiyanage  - thanks for the quick response.  So - does this mean that at some future point, I can use the same link for ADFS and DB logins? 

I have no problem only using an ADFS ID.  But as far as I know - app owner is going to stay a DB ID and there are times that is is needed.  When IEE goes away after apps10, I need some way to login as app owner or I’ll need an ADFS equivalent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@jhooperyan I’m not really sure how this is going to be implemented but, there will be a way to select the authentication method that you wish to use to log In to the application. Like in this case, you will be able to select DB Authentication to log in to Aurena using Appowner Username and Password.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Himasha, I am investigating using SSO for our company.  We are on Apps10 update 7 and currently use  database logon.   We have users on two network domains: one shop floor domain with no access to the web and one for the business users that is not restricted.  There are no plans to merge them.  I would like to enable SSO just for the business users but was told it’s all or nothing and they all have to be on the same domain.  

Do I understand your last comment correctly that we can set an authentication method per user in IFS Cloud?  I had the same question about how to logon with IFSAPP. if you use SSO and have no logon promprt.

Thanks!