Solved

List of value window shows duplicate columns

• 24 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi IFS,
I have created a custom field which accepts data from another custom field. The second custom field is a type of reference and it is in a custom logical unit. The first custom field gets data from the List of Values. 
I noticed same column is duplicated in the list of values window and it contains data which I have not entered. This behavior was not in the past. Any suggestions to avoid this?

icon

Best answer by Sandun Madola 24 January 2020, 11:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Just an idea, Have you added all the key fields for yout second custom fields display text? If not, you maybe seeing different records but could not identify them uniquely as display text is not unique.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I hope your IFS Application’s update level is between 7 and 14. The existing behavior in your IFS Application’s update level by default shows you extra columns which were related to the reference type custom fields.

Even though those seems like unnecessary fields to view, those fields are stored in the database. We believe that those should not visible for users while they are continuing their daily work.

Therefore, you can avoid visibility by following below steps. If you have more users who facing this issue, then you can add below correction to a base profile and assign it to those users.

• Below is an example of LOV which shows database values of Contract and the Part No.
List of values with duplicate column

• RMB (Right mouse button) on the column names in the LOV > Properties

• Go to Table tab > Then Untick all the columns which should not visible to the users > Apply > Ok
After removing duplicate columns

Hope above workaround is clear and help you to fix the issue.

If you would like to get a permanent fix, then we suggest you get the IFS latest update since this issue has been corrected update 15 onward or contact IFS support center for a bug fix.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Just an idea, Have you added all the key fields for yout second custom fields display text? If not, you maybe seeing different records but could not identify them uniquely as display text is not unique.

Rusiru,

No I didn’t add all key fields, and this was not visible for all custom fields. As far as only for the custom field type of reference.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I hope your IFS Application’s update level is between 7 and 14. The existing behavior in your IFS Application’s update level by default shows you extra columns which were related to the reference type custom fields.

Even though those seems like unnecessary fields to view, those fields are stored in the database. We believe that those should not visible for users while they are continuing their daily work.

Therefore, you can avoid visibility by following below steps. If you have more users who facing this issue, then you can add below correction to a base profile and assign it to those users.

• Below is an example of LOV which shows database values of Contract and the Part No.
List of values with duplicate column

• RMB (Right mouse button) on the column names in the LOV > Properties

• Go to Table tab > Then Untick all the columns which should not visible to the users > Apply > Ok
After removing duplicate columns

Hope above workaround is clear and help you to fix the issue.

If you would like to get a permanent fix, then we suggest you get the IFS latest update since this issue has been corrected update 15 onward or contact IFS support center for a bug fix.

Sandun, 

Thank you very much for the clear guidance. The provided guidance is solved my issue. Now I can survive from this and look and feel like what I had before. It’s pleasure to here that there is a permanent fix and I will contact IFS for the correction.