Question

LDAP Error Approving Document

• 1 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

One of the customers is getting the following LDAP error when approving documents. 

"Error occurred during re-authentication: LDAP response read timed out, timeout used: -1ms."

The Windows Directory Authentication is enabled. But they do not have any security checkpoints enabled for document approval to be compliant with FDA Part 11 for Electronic signatures.

Any idea on why they are getting this error?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Are you sure that security checkpoints are not enabled? I have a hard time understanding how they could get an error like that for what is a completely normal database call.

What does the debug console say about what's happening?

Thanks!

Badge +1

Hi Mathias

There was a miscommunication.  We do have security checkpoints enabled.  That is the only issue we have seen so far with trying to test out LDAP.  Let me know if you need any further information.  Thanks.

Dylan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks!

I will move this to the framework section of IFS Community then, since the problem is most likely not with Document Management, but with the Security Checkpoint functionality setup. You might also want to file a proper support case, to get the right attention.

Good luck!

Badge +1

Thanks Mathias.  I did put in a support case for it.  They were not able to find a resolution so were hoping that somebody in the Community might have the right answer.

Dylan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Aha! Let’s hope someone with the right knowledge and experience will stumble upon this post then :)