Question

Issues when creating fields with leading spaces and special characters

• 5 April 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi all 😊,

Below is related to a customer issue with regard to the include of certain characters and spaces in fields. Would you kindly provide your insights and feedback on this matter? Your expertise and perspective would be greatly appreciated.

I did some further investigation and found that a “System Parameter” is provided to limit the use of special characters in Key fields…

By default, the “Space” character is not include in this system parameter. As such, space characters should currently be usable anywhere within a key field.

I tried editing this System Parameter to include a space character, and then created a new Customer which included a space within it's ID. Unfortunately, the system parameter didn't seem to have any effect at all. I was still able to create a Customer with a space character in it's ID field.

In fact, this test revealed a further issue whereby Customers can be created with IDs containing any of the characters listed in this System Parameter (i.e. Aurena doesn't seem to give any consideration to this system parameter at all?)…

I then expanded my testing across several Key fields thought the system. My findings were as follows…

In conclusion:

1. Proceeding Space/ Leading Space Characters in Key fields.

Of the 18off Key fields I tested, I found that 9off pages prevent space characters being used as the 1st character within a key field, but the other 9off do not. This inconsistent approach is an issue. I feel Aurena should prevent a space character from being used as the 1st character in all Key fields throughout the system.

2. Use of special characters in Key fields.

Of the 18off key fields I tested, I found that 4off prevented the use of special characters as defined in the System Parameter, but the other 14off pages allowed those special characters to be used. Again, this inconsistent approach is an issue. I feel Aurena should prevent the use of special characters defined within this system parameter in every key field throughout the system.”

The customer has expressed a query regarding the consistency of character treatment within key fields throughout the system. Your valuable insights and expertise in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your attention to this matter. 😊

Regards,

Aravinda

0 replies

Be the first to reply!