Question

Issues accessing IFS DEV

• 24 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I’m trying to access IFS DEV for one of our users and getting the following error “ifs user has not been granted access to activity clientapplication”  This account was not created by me, but was already present.  I’m not sure if it replicated from our PROD environment.  I was successful in creating a new account for 2 vendors this morning so I’m not sure what the issue is.  

When I get the error the following is what I’m using.  For some reason LDAP credentials are not working like they do in PROD. 

Username:  firstinitiallastname

Password:   firstinitiallastname (all in CAPS)

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@vlee14 

Hello, 

Login to the application with Appowner(IFSAPP) credentials, go to the specific user and on the Permission Set definition view for that user, there is a tab for Activities

Under Activities, there is an Activity for ClientApplication.

RMB on the Activity ClientApplication and view Grantees, this will tell you the Permission Sets that have this activity included. it should be in the FND_RUNTIME permission set in order to access the client application.

Best regards,

Badge +3

Thanks for the response.  Is that version 10 of IFS?  I think we’re still on 9 so my options are no where close to your example.  I eventually got the user in by selecting FND_FULL.  It may not be ideal but I don’t know of another way to get them into DEV.  If I can change this in version 9 please do share. 

Thanks.