Question

Is it possible to surpress the microsoft message when starting IFS Enterprise Explorer?

• 30 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Everyone of us knows this message from starting the IFS Enterprise Explorer

Is there any way to surpress this standard Microsoft message?

One way of the customer is to already have the .application file on the computer. 

Are there any issues when using the same .application file?

Only specific values seem to change like seen in this picture. Most of them I would not consider relevant for functionality.

Kind regards,

Tobias

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I believe that the message is actually driven by the security level within the browser and/or the level of trust given to the IFS URL within the web browser you are using to launch.  So for example, if that server URL was in the list of Trusted Sites within IE (Tools/Internet Options/Security/Trusted Sites tab) then I don’t know if you would see the message.

I understand this looks like an internal IFS question, but fundamentally I think this is still your most likely chance for a solution.

Nick

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @NickPorter

Adding this to the trusted sites is not working. But thanks for pointing it out.

The download from the Web is still the same and Microsoft is then still asking for confirmation to download.

:)

Kind regards,
Tobias

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

As mentioned the Trusted Site entry may only be part of the puzzle.  Browsers have things like “security levels” too which allow or prevent downloads - including settings to have Windows prompt you when downloading potentially unsafe files.  The security levels apply per zone, with Trusted Sites being one type of zone.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Technical Toby Hi,

The extension should solve your problem. Can you try to install the extension that I pointed out in the screenshot?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hey @hhy38 

By default, this extension enables you to download the .application file directly. in the background and start the default Application Run - Security Warning dialog. When this is not installed, you would have to download the .application and start it from your downloads folder manually.

And this will then trigger the rest.

Regards,

Tobias

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Technical Toby 

This is a question I remembered from my IFS times when IFS EE was first introduced :D

Warning you are getting here is due to the setup of .NET trusted zones and in order to suppress the message, you need to configure the trusted zones and add the publisher certificate as trusted, or do a registry edit.

Following MSDN article explains about the security prompt and how to fix it.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/dotnet/articles/ms996418(v=msdn.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Hope it helps!

Damith