Solved

IP Address change

• 28 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

This is IFS APP 10.

We had an IP address change and the configuration file contains the IP address instead of the DNS name (server name).

We modified the config file but in the installer, still we can see the old IP address.

I found below community post and it says to modify the connection string using the Admin Console.

IFS APPS10, How configure/change oracle database connection string in IFS Application installer

But the application URL is not working to connect with the admin console.

Is there any other way to change this connection string or to connect to the admin console?

Thank you in Advance.

icon

Best answer by knepiosko 28 October 2022, 17:24

View original

6 replies

Badge +14

I managed to login to to admin console after stopping and starting the ifs servers using mws-svr command.

Then I updated the Database URL, validated the connection.

But I’m getting an error ‘Failed saving database information.’

I really appreciate your valuable comments.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi

Changing db IP is not problem because only one thing what we should do is update db connect string in Admin console.

For MWS server best way is recreation IFS home instance based on XXXX_configuration.xml file. From my experience You could try to change all *.xml, *.properties files where old IP occurs but this is not preferred for customer installation and do not guarantee success - this is not worthwhile in my opinion.

Badge +14

Hi @knepiosko , Thank you so much for all the suggestions.

I was thinking on recreating the instance.

But I can’t go forward with the installer because the database connection string still contains old IP address for Host.

And still struggling to update the connection string using admin console as it is keep giving me above error.

Badge +14

Hi @knepiosko, I was able to delete the instance and create a new instance using installer.

And yes it worked.

Thank you so much😊

Badge +14

before creating a new instance, I tried to update all the .xml files and found number of files using this IP address. In the same way there are a lot of xml files so felt its  bit annoying to check them all.

Badge +14

I didn’t get screenshots of the installer before we do this IP address change, and also the information of ports and listeners to recreate the instance. So I hesitated to continue with a new one.