Question

Internal User Passwords

• 6 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Today I couldn't login with sys and ifsconnect users(ORA-01017). One day ago I had install delivery to the IFS.

Is there such a thing as changing the password in the install delivery process?

Now I have changed(restore) the passwords from the database. Then I used the "change instance configuration" option like in the image below. Everything seems normal.

Regards

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @baris.halici,

You do not need to update any of the IFS system user passwords when installing a delivery. If someone changed the passwords in the database directly or if you restored an older copy of the Application Server which had different passwords is the only way I can think of that something like this could happen.

All the IFS system user passwords are securely saved in the IFS Middleware Server configuration as well, so if you change them in the database, you have to change them in the MWS configuration as well by running a reconfiguration and vice versa. Therefore what you have done to remedy the situation is correct. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Charith Epitawatta,

Thanks for your answer and confirmation.

I didn't make any changes to the internal system users password while install the delivery. But interestingly, the password has changed; I still do not understand why I experienced this situation. 😔