Solved

Installation does error - Problem reading d:\ifs\ifs_home\instance\IFSTEST\client.war

• 31 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

when running an installation to APP10 environment, I get below error and then installation is partially complete.

any comments about the error is highly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Sajid Ahmed 1 November 2022, 08:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Imalka Bandara,

Could you kindly try to follow the below steps and check the outcome

1. Check whether the "client.war" file can be found in the 
"\\<IFSHOME>\repository\server\apps\main" directory and that it is not corrupted.

2. If there is already a client.war file in the 
"\\<IFSHOME>\instance\IFSTEST\ear\main" directory, remove it and do the installation again.

3. Check whether the user you are running the installer as has write privileges to the "\\<IFSHOME>\instance\IFSTEST\ear\main" directory.

4. You can try to manually copy the client.war file from the directory I mentioned in 1st step and paste it to the 
"\\<IFSHOME>\instance\IFSTEST\ear\main" directory to verify that that directory is writable.

5. Run the installer as administrator if you are not already doing that.

6. Perform a reconfiguration of the environment.

7. Check if the reconfiguration was successful and all the servers and the application are up and running without any issues.

8. Try to deploy the delivery again.

Best Regards,

Sajid Ahmed

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you @Sajid Ahmed for the reply.

I checked the two locations as you mentioned. I don’t see a client.war file in any.

but I found client.war file in below places.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Imalka Bandara,

Could you kindly try re-running the installation after renaming the client.war to any other name, either "client_" or "_client", which is inside the location as you provided in the screenshot     "D:\IFS\IFSHOME\instance\IFSTEST\"

Best Regards,

Sajid Ahmed

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Sajid Ahmed , 

this worked perfect and error is fixed. application is updated. thank you very much :)