Question

Information Sources - Update

• 1 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello, I would like to know how best to update an existing QFACT ? We have updated the underlying IAL by adding in fields and we now need to add these fields to the existing QFACT. 
I thought of : Go into Light items or Measure items of the QFACT (depending whether the field you want to add is text or numeric) and then chose Add New. I cannot see any other area or link that would allow me to add fields. I am not sure if another way exists. Many thanks Sabine 

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello,

If I understood correctly, you have added new column(s) to IAL and now you want to extend your QFACT with the new column. You can do it in “Quick Information Sources Drafts” window. Please see below text rom technical documentation.

+++++++ +++++

Add All Columns from QIS Source View

Select the link Add All Columns from QIS Source View to add all the columns that were not included when drafting a QIS.

If the source view has changed since it was originally drafted and a Quick Information Source has already been created, then it is necessary to:

1. Remove the Information Source in the Information Source feature.
  2. Removing the Information Source leads to that the draft changes state from Created to Drafted.
  3. Use the Add All Columns from QIS Source View link.
  4. Modify drafted information.
  5. Recreate the Quick Information Source.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Badge +2

Hi there,

Step one of your guide says remove information source in the information source feature.

this should bring the info source back to drafted status. 

However I can’t see anywhere an RMB or option to disable/ remove the info source in any of the information sources screens.

Could you please help pointing out where this can be done?

Thanks 

Rodolfo

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi there,

Step one of your guide says remove information source in the information source feature.

this should bring the info source back to drafted status. 

However I can’t see anywhere an RMB or option to disable/ remove the info source in any of the information sources screens.

Could you please help pointing out where this can be done?

Thanks 

Rodolfo

Hi @Rodolfo , You select the info source and press delete in this screen.