Solved

Information Message Aurena on Event Action

• 15 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello, 

So we have just started making the switch over to Aurena so bare with me as this might be a simple question. 

Generally in IEE to create an information pop up all you need to do is use the --
lora1app.Client_SYS.Add_Warning method. However, I have realized that this does not work in Aurena.

I read through the IFS documentation but I found it rather confusing. I am just asking if someone has an example of them creating a warning or info message on an event in Aurena so I can get some idea of how these are created, I would greatly appreciate it. 

icon

Best answer by Technical Outlaws 15 March 2023, 19:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

As far as I am concerned a warning message which is typically a Yes/No or OK/Cancel message cannot be achieved by calling Client_SYS.Add_Warning via any configuration, whether that is in EE or Aurena.  The client framework simply does not process this message.  If anyone ever got this to work with configuration, I am all ears.

To invoke an information message, which is just an OK message, the method to use is Client_SYS.Add_Info.  This method still works in EE or Aurena but you have to be careful where and how this method is invoked in the configuration because the result is not always guaranteed i.e. for PLSQL custom events as part of the standard insert and update flow this still works.

Below is a custom event example invoking Client_SYS.Add_Info method.

Custom Event

Custom Event Action

Outcome