Question

Importing a Page Design to an environment

• 10 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding importing ACP containing a new Page Configuration createdin Aurena Page Designer in IFS Cloud R22.

I have added a custom field to a standard page STDPage1 in envirnoment1.

I have exported this to an Application Configuration Package ACP1.

I have imported ACP1 to environment2, as a result of which validation and importing of elements in ACP1 has been done.

Now comes the final and most difficult part. In all the documentation I have read all I have to do now is Publish to make the STDPage1 available for use in environment2.

I cannot find out where exactly I am supposed to execute this Publish!

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction, please?

Cheers,

Neil.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Go to the window called ‘Page Configurations’, find the page config you did. Add it tot he ACP you created. Import the ACP and publish it from the ACP page. Should do the trick. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

This is the screen showing details of the Application Configuration Package that has been imported.

The Customer Order is the configuration that I am trying to use.

It shows that the Customer Order is Approved, Published and In Sync yet it still doesn’t show up in the Customer Order screen, and I didn't do any Publishing, I just imported the ACP!

Cheers,

Neil.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Seems you did not add the actual custom attributes you have created tot he ACP.  Those need to be there as well. IFS can't show what is not there :-).

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I understand.

Is this still the case if the Custom Attributes are already present in the target system?

Cheers,

Neil.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hmmm that sounds strange. Should be present then. Can you see the fields present in the window if you open the page designer? Also make sure you don't have different contexts which might give you a different page then you are expecting. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @MiLeNL,

Strange indeed!

I’ll check out opening the page designer and ensuring the context(s) are consistent 😊👍.

Cheers,

Neil.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @MiLeNL ,

I have checked everything out and the import of the page has not worked as expected.

I have an outstanding case with IFS to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your efforts and I’ll update this case as soon as I get an answer from IFS.

Cheers,

Neil.