Solved

IFSPRINT account locking every 5 minutes

• 13 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi there,

We are using Crystal for some report layouts and whilst the IFSPRINT account is unlocked the report is generating fine through IFS & through CR itself.

However, every 5 or so minutes the IFSPRINT account is locking, and I cannot understand why this behaviour is happening as I would expect the account to remain open.

This is even if the account is just unlocked and then not accessed for the 5 minutes.

Is there any reason why this may keep happening?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by RanukaSerasinghe 13 May 2021, 11:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Normally IFSPRINT is used by Print agents. So if there is a print agent configured with wrong password it might cause this. Check the database table REMOTE_PRINTING_NODE_TAB. This will list all the print agents connected to that database. But you would need to find out the server where that Print agent is installed. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@VanSeansA Can you check the IFSPRINT password set in the ifs-printagent-config.xml file is correct? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Normally IFSPRINT is used by Print agents. So if there is a print agent configured with wrong password it might cause this. Check the database table REMOTE_PRINTING_NODE_TAB. This will list all the print agents connected to that database. But you would need to find out the server where that Print agent is installed. 

There were no results from that table, we’re just using preview to see the results of the report on the crystal layout rather than expecting a physical output whether saved as a pdf/physical output at the moment. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@VanSeansA Can you check the IFSPRINT password set in the ifs-printagent-config.xml file is correct? 

The value is encoded in the ifs-crystal-config. Forgive my ignorance not sure how I can decode this to confirm, though my colleagues do believe it does match from when they were doing investigations on this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Have been able to decode the ifs-crystal-config and the password matches the IFSPRINT password.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @VanSeansA,

Could you please check the password in ifs-printagent-config.xml and not the ifs-crystal-config as @RanukaSerasinghe has pointed out in above comment?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I ended up not being able to access but tried the inverse of this as the ifs-printagent-config had been setup with the standard IFSPRINT password, so i changed it in IFS and in the ifs-crystal-config to match the standard IFSPRINT password and the issue went away, so this would have worked had i had access that way around. Marking as best answer, thanks Ranuka