Solved

IFS10 - SSL certificate deployment from Harvest?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi all,

It is documented here where to copy the certificate file to to be automatically deployed into keystore (for instance, during AutoBuilder):

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/003_security/020_configure_outbound_ssl/default.htm

That is fine.

My question is:

Is there a way that the certificate file is put into Harvest, and then during AutoBuilder or delivery package creation it automatically gets copied to that import folder?

It would make its deployment easier at customer sites.

Thanks

Janos

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 15 July 2022, 20:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @jasahu,

To my knowledge, there is no way to harvest the certificate files so that it would get automatically copied to the import folder. Furthermore, I think it would not be a good practice to store secrets such as certificates in SCM as it would allow anyone who has access to the source code repository to view and modify it.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Charith,

Ok, I understand that no automacity exists for this. On the other hand, when it comes to secrets, in our case it would not be a secret as this file is freely downloadable from the other party we want to communicate with (only public key in .cer file). Anyway, it is good to have reliable information on this topic.

Janos