Solved

IFS Time Tracker 9 - Android Devices

Hello: 

We are currently on IFS App 9 version. 

Recently we installed TAS for App 9 and started using the IFS Time Tracker 9. 

Our field technicians were able to download the Time Tracker 9 app in their respective iOS devices and start reporting time. 

We have one field technician who uses an android device and he downloaded the app from:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifsworld.timetracker9.android&hl=en&gl=US

But when he tries to log in he gets the following error: 

Does anyone know how to fix this error? 

icon

Best answer by JOOLSE 16 April 2021, 11:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

I have not seen this before. I googled around a bit and found that this comes from a recent change in Android 10. So I guess that user has an Android phone with Android 10 operating system installled.

I have raised this question internally within our team and sent this post to them,  to see if anyone else knows something more about it and what can an needs to be done. 

I willl however not get any response back today from my team members due to New Year in Sri Lanka,

Regards

Johan. 

Thank you very much Johan for your reply. It looks like this is an issue which other users had also encountered. Please let me know if you hear anything back. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I think  you should rais a case towards IFS about it. I got this information 

GetDeviceId Method is deprecated after android 10. Seems like the trip tracker 9 app does not target android 10.

This means that the HCM team needs to do a new release of Time Tracker 9 for Android. We have informed them about it, but it is also good to have a case around it, so it doesn’t fall between the chairs as well as letting our 2nd line get knowledge about it as other customer might phase the same problem

Regards

Johan. 

Thanks again Johan. I did open a case G2255153 on 4/14. Still waiting for an update. I will follow-up with IFS support. Thank you very much for answering almost all my questions. We finished rolling out IFS Time Tracker 9 iOS version to all our field technicians. We are getting ready for IFS 10 upgrade project at the moment. Moving technicians from Time Tracker 9 to 10 will be the next challenge. Hopefully it will be seamless transition. 

Badge +2

Hi, my customer is facing the same challenges with Android 10 devices and Time Tracker 9.

I’d be grateful if you update this thread with any information about the release of a Time Tracker 9 version that supports Android 10.

Thx

Klas

Hi, my customer is facing the same challenges with Android 10 devices and Time Tracker 9.

I’d be grateful if you update this thread with any information about the release of a Time Tracker 9 version that supports Android 10.

Thx

Klas

Sure Klas. I will update the thread as soon as I hear anything back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi All,

Please follow the below steps which has been suggested by RnD through a past issue to resolve the ‘getDeviceID’ error.

-Go to Phone settings.
-Select 'Apps'
-Select 'Time Tracker 9'
-Select 'Permissions'
-Two radio buttons are there for 'Phone' and 'Storage'
-Enable these two buttons.

Now log in to IFS Time Tracker 9 and it should be working :relaxed:

Thanks,
Thanushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @madlad and @klklse,

Could you please try the above steps which I have suggested and let me know if the issue is resolved? :relaxed:

This issue has occurred in the past and has been resolved by following the same steps. 

Thanks,
Thanushi

@Thanushi Jayaweera : Thank you very much for your reply. The field technician who was having this error is currently on vacation. I will check with him once he is back from vacation. :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @madlad,

Thanks for letting me know. You are welcome :relaxed:

Best Regards,
Thanushi

@Thanushi Jayaweera 

Your fix worked. Thanks for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@madlad ,

Great News! Thanks for letting me know :smiley: