IFS RPL (PDF) to print in Zebra ZQ630 Label Printer

• 13 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

I don’t have print agent installed, i just have my laptop with blue tooth driver installed on a Zebra label printer. I just want to see the possibility to print the IFS PDF(RPL) label onto this label printer with correct formatting? How I could make this happen? Thank you.

example label in PDF format

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @ronhu,

Are you able to preview the report with the correct formatting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ashen_malaka_ranasinghe Thank you for your reply.

No, it is not working as I expected. i can print this PDF from my laptop, but the layout is just like print on a A4 paper.

currently, my laptop is not installed print agent, technically, it cannot read the ZPL layout from IFS i think. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ashen_malaka_ranasinghe I think we have to install print agent onto my laptop and have my mobile printer connected to the WLAN(WIFI), then it will work. am I correct?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @ronhu,

You can’t directly print to a physical printer for RPL layouts. You need to print it through a logical printer. For that you have to install the Print Agent

So, yes you are correct. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ashen_malaka_ranasinghe Thank you for your reply.

May I know whether it is feasible to install Print_Agent onto my local laptop and configure the logical printer in IFS? will that work?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @ronhu,

A Logical Printer is a virtual printer defined within IFS Applications. It allows you to define certain rules within the application related to printing such as assigning certain printers to certain reports or certain users etc. Each user defined Logical Printer is mapped to an actual Physical Printer so that when you print to a certain Logical Printer, it would be routed to that mapped physical printer to do the actual printing.

The logical to Physical Printer mapping is done in the Print Agent, which specifies, if you print to THIS Logical Printer from IFS Applications, the printout should come out of THIS Physical Printer

So, it’s possible to install the Print Agent in the local laptop and map the zebra printer (Physical Printer) to a Logical Printer as the same way you do it in a server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ashen_malaka_ranasinghe Wonderful. thank you.