Solved

IFS Report Desginer - Adding a table

• 2 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I am doing some Report Designer changes to a layout and struggling adding a new table. I want to add a table in between existing two tables, but new table always goes to end of the Page Body. How can I move the new table where I want?

Appreciate your comments.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 3 March 2020, 03:12

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi Shewa,

I think the best idea is, to put only one table let’s call it “basetable” to the flow area. Then you can put tables as lets say “subtables” in the fields of the basetable. When you need a new subtable between two existing ones then first add a line to the basetable at the correct place und put the new subtable into the new line.

If you cannot start from scratch maybe you can edit the .rdl file by a text editor. But be careful and make backup copy before you start ;-)))

Regards,

Wilfried.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can select the table and use the “Move Child Up” & “Move Child Down” to move the tables. See attach image. So you can add your table, which will add it to the bottom and then use the “Move Child Up” to move it inbetween the two tables you want.

The other way is that if you have enough space below or above, you can drag and move the table up or down by clicking and holding the table by the table tag in design area. E.g. click and hold C_DOCTEXT and move up or down.

Yet, you can do this for master tables only. Meaning the tables should be three separate tables. You can not do this for a “subtables”  if you have “master” and “subtables” scenario where the “subtables” is in a cell of a “master”. Yet you can move the whole “master” with the “subtables”.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I am doing some Report Designer changes to a layout and struggling adding a new table. I want to add a table in between existing two tables, but new table always goes to end of the Page Body. How can I move the new table where I want?

Appreciate your comments.

Thank you.

@ChanakaAmarasekara Thank you so much Chanaka. It worked really well.