Question

IFS Print Agents Issue

• 6 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

IFS Apps 10 UPD 8.

I am sure previously that I have had multiple print agents on the same server but appear to be having an issue.

When we start the 1st  print agents it starts without any issues, however, when we start the 2nd print agent it starts but the 1st one stops.

Could you please clarify/advise?

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi John,

could you provide the configuration of your two print agents? The prind agent ID and the Rest Port must be unique for every print agent you want to install on the same server.

Best Regards

Marion

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Why are you running two agents on the same server? Can you combine the printers into a single Print Agent? Please help me understand the efficiency of splitting up your Print Agents on the same server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@alanbclark We have two environments TEST and LIVE and instead of running the agents on either of the app servers we installed the agents on a separate 2019 Server.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

OK, you should be able to run agents for different environments on the same server as long as they have different identifiers, names, and run out of different directories. I’m not sure what happens if they try and share the same objects, like log files.

How did you create the separate Print Agent instances? Did you unzip the unique Print Agent zip files created by the Middleware for each environment or did you make a copy of an existing Print Agent directory?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@alanbclark Unzipped the unique Print Agent zip files created by the Middleware for each environment