Question

IFS .Net Print Agent and ADFS

• 13 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi All,

I have an environment set up, ADFS is incorporated in the environment. When I print as any user I get an error message and failed application message saying that user with directory id “X” can’t be found as an active user.

Failed locating an active FndUser with directory_...

I can’t change the director id’s on the account to match as it will remove the ADFS functionality, I can however restart the application message manually.

What could be a probable cause for incorrect directory id not being picked up on initial message creation.

Many Thanks,

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

1. What is this track and UPD?
  2. Do you have the same issue when you try to preview?

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Chananka,

It is Apps 10 UPD 9.

There is no issue previewing the Report, the only issue is when you click ok to print the report or when you send via E-Mail.

The print job gets created but gets stuck in Working Status , the print agent doesn’t register picking up the job and the application message created in batch fails and suggests that it can’t find the user who ordered the report based on their directory id.

The directory ID it references when it errors isn’t what is on the foundation user role as we have the ADFS/ Single Sign on in the instance so we have a UPN to match against the directory ID instead.

e.g. John.Smith@Test.co.uk as the directory id … if this account prints it will say John.Smith is not an active user in the system and doesn’t register the @Test.co.uk part of the directory id.

Many Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hmmm… this needs more investigation. Can you create a support issue for this?