Question

IFS MS Office Plug-in - Support Post Internet Explorer

• 15 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear IFS Community, 

Does anyone know if IFS are planning to correct the IFS Document Management Add In since Internet Explorer is now depreciated. I click ‘Save new Document’ and the application does nothing. 

David. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi David,

In Aurena , Aurena agent is using for document management work checkin,downlaod etc..

As far as I know document addin is obsoleted in Aurena. 

Regards,

Sahan  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks @Sahan Udana , what about for those on Apps9?

David.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi David,

For app9 Aurena is not available . You can use the document attachment plugin for app9.  

Regards,

Sahan

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

But the document plugin does not work without Internet Explorer, which is not no longer available and supported. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi David,

Maybe I’m understood this incorrectly. Below is what I have done:

I downloaded the document attachment plugin and installed it. I can see this is in word menu as “ifs applications”. Then I click on the save as new document and it redirected me to the IEE relevant page. I’m not sure about the “plugin does not work without Internet Explorer” setting here.

Regards,

Sahan

Badge

We recently updated to Apps 10 IEE and are having the same issues as we have a group policy in place preventing use if IE.  Once the policy is revoked, the add in works fine.  So, IFS has a plug in that relies on software that has been depreciated world-wide?  There has to be a fix other than going to Cloud or Aurena.